The Governing Body of Our Lady of Compassion Catholic Primary School has full regard for the implementation of their school uniform.
If any family has any difficulty with providing appropriate school uniform for their child please do not hesitate to contact school and we can look at ways to support you including our second hand supply of uniform.
Our policy on school uniform is based on the belief that school uniform:
• promotes a sense of pride in our school
• helps to create a sense of community and belonging towards the school
• identifies the children with the school
• supports our commitment to inclusion
• prevents children from wearing ‘fashion clothes’ that could be distracting in class
• is practical, smart and designed with health and safety in mind
We believe that one of the responsibilities of parents is to ensure that their child has the correct uniform and PE kit, and that it is clean, in good repair and that the child’s name is written on all items. If a parent has difficulties for any reason with fulfilling this request they are asked to speak confidentially to a senior member of staff to discuss the issues. Parents should be assured that we will do all we can to help.
Children can come to school wearing their PE Kit on their PE days (including swimming days). We do this because:
The PE Kit for Our Lady of Compassion is as follows: